What subjects do universities like?
Let’s consider the best subject combinations to access a wide range of undergraduate courses at UK universities.
- Mathematics, Physics, Further Mathematics. …
- Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology. …
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry. …
- Art, Mathematics, Physics. …
- History, Economics, Politics. …
- Business Studies, Economics, Maths.
What are preferred subjects?
Some universities publish a list of ‘preferred’, or ‘useful’ A-level subjects for general admission. These subjects are those that they value most highly when selecting students for admission. These universities tend to also publish a list of ‘non-preferred’ subjects for general admission.
What subjects do Russell Group universities prefer?
The Russell Group, which represents 24 leading UK universities, defines facilitating subjects as:
- English literature.
- Modern languages – e.g. French, German, Spanish etc.
- Classical languages – e.g. Latin, Ancient Greek.
- Maths and further maths.
How many A-Levels do you need to go to university?
No UK university asks for four A levels, and they understand that many students don’t have the option to take more than three. If they make you an offer, it will be based on your grades in three A level subjects.
What subjects to choose for A-Levels to become a doctor?
A-level subjects to study medicine
- chemistry, biology and either maths or physics (or both) will keep all the medical schools open to you.
- if you don’t take maths or physics but do take chemistry and biology, it will keep open the vast majority.
What are the hardest subjects to study?
What are the hardest degree subjects?
- Chemistry. Chemistry is famous for being one of the hardest subjects ever, so it’s no surprise that a Chemistry degree is fiercely challenging. …
- Medicine. …
- Architecture. …
- Physics. …
- Biomedical Science. …
- Law. …
- Neuroscience. …
What is the best course to study in 2020?
What are the Best Courses to Lookout for in 2020?
- Masters in Artificial Intelligence.
- Masters in MIS.
- Masters in Computer Science.
- Masters in Information Systems.
- Masters in Business Analytics.
What are the hardest A-Level subjects?
Top 15 Hardest A-Level Subjects, Ranked
- Modern Languages.
- Computer Science.
- Further Maths.
- Discover One-on-One Tutoring Online.
What are the easiest A-Level subjects?
The 12 easiest A-Level subjects are Classical Civilisation, Environmental Science, Food Studies, Drama, Geography, Textiles, Film Studies, Sociology, Information Technology (IT), Health and Social Care, Media Studies, and Law.
What is the most popular A-Level?
1. Mathematics. A-level maths is the most popular A-level taken by students who go on to university.
What are the hardest UK universities to get into?
Hardest UK universities to get into
- University of Oxford (21.5%)
- University of Cambridge (26.5%)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (36.5%)
- St George’s, University of London (38.7%)
- University of St Andrews (41.0%)
- Imperial College London (42.9%)
- Leeds Arts University (43.5%)
What are the most respected A levels?
The most popular vs the most useful A level subjects
- Maths: 12 per cent of all entries in 2018.
- Biology: 7.9 per cent.
- Psychology: 7.4 per cent.
- Chemistry: 6.7 per cent.
- History: 6 per cent.
- English Literature: 5.5 per cent.
- Art and Design subjects: 5.3 per cent.
- Physics: 4.7 per cent.