Pre-Med is not a major or formal track at the University of Houston. … However, medical school admissions committees do not care which major you choose, as any major can lead to a career in medicine.
Does University of Houston have a medical program?
The University of Houston College of Medicine is taking a bold and fresh new approach to medical education. … At UH College of Medicine, our focus is on preventing and improving poor health — not simply treating it. Students will receive the highest quality medical training to provide comprehensive health care.
Is uh a good school for pre-med?
UH is a Tier One university due to its emphasis on research, which is great news if you are a pre-medical student.
What University has the best pre-med program?
The Best Pre-Med Schools
- Stanford Univeristy. …
- University of Pennsylvania. …
- Columbia University. …
- Duke University. …
- University of Washington. …
- UNC Chapel Hill. …
- Cornell University. …
- Northwestern University. Northwestern University ranks among the top 20 best medical schools when it comes to research.
Does U of A have pre-med?
The Pre-Medical Admissions Pathway (P-MAP) Program is a 12-month, full-time, intensive medical school preparation program designed for students who have experienced greater than average challenges in preparing to become competitive medical school applicants.
What is the easiest medical school to get into?
Easiest Medical Schools to Get Into
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. …
- University of Massachusetts Medical School. …
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine. …
- University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine. …
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport.
What majors is University of Houston known for?
The most popular majors at University of Houston include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Engineering; Psychology; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; and Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services.
Is it hard to get into Dell medical school?
The acceptance rate is 2.30% and total 50 first-year students enrolled into Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin. The average GPA of the enrolled students is 3.74 and the average MCAT score is 513.
What are pre-med requirements?
Medical School Admissions Requirements
- One year of biology with lab.
- One year of general chemistry with lab.
- One year of organic chemistry with lab.
- One year of physics with lab.
- At least one semester of biochemistry.
- A math requirement (some schools require calculus, some require statistics, some require both)
Which college sends the most students to medical school?
Which colleges produce the most medical school applicants?
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: 764.
- University of California-Berkeley: 728.
- University of California-San Diego: 621.
- The Ohio State University Main Campus: 592.
- Texas A & M University: 541.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: 521.
- University of Georgia: 483.