As much as doctors get paid, however, they accrue a lot of debt over the course of their education. … Because medical school is so expensive, it is worth it to consider taking premed classes at community college and then transferring to a four-year university to finish out the degree.
Is going to community college bad for medical school?
Make sure by the time you graduate, you’re confident you have the skills needed to get through med school. You can go from community college to medical school. Don’t be discouraged by people who say medical schools look down on community colleges.
Do medical schools care about community college?
Medical schools accept community college (CC) credits but you’ll also need a bachelor’s degree to be considered. As long as you transfer the credit over (or have an existing 4-year degree), it won’t matter. Your MCAT score is more important. Of course, the real answer is a little more detailed.
Is community college good for pre med?
Yes, most medical schools accept community college coursework to satisfy prerequisites; however, we highly recommend that you take the vast majority of your required courses here at UC Berkeley (this does not apply to transfer students).
Can you become a doctor if you go to community college?
As mentioned above, you cannot earn your medical license if you only attend community college, but a degree from a community college can be an excellent stepping stone to more advanced levels of study. … In recognition of students seeking their medical license, many community colleges offer pre-med transfer programs.
What is the easiest medical school to get into?
Easiest Medical Schools to Get Into
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. …
- University of Massachusetts Medical School. …
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine. …
- University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine. …
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport.
What classes should I take in medical school for community college?
Taking these classes should prepare you for the MCAT and for med school.
Here is a quick list:
- Biology (with a lab)
- General chemistry (with a lab)
- Organic chemistry (with a lab)
- Physics (with a lab)
What college should I go to before medical school?
The Best Pre-Med Schools, Ranked
- Harvard College. Location: Cambridge, MA. …
- Duke University. Location: Durham, NC. …
- University of Pennsylvania. Location: Philadelphia, PA. …
- Washington University in Saint Louis. Location: St. …
- Rice University. Location: Houston, TX. …
- Stanford University. …
- Northwestern University. …
- Brown University.
Is 1.8 a bad GPA?
The national average for a GPA is around 3.0 and a 1.8 GPA puts you below that average. A 1.8 GPA means that you’ve gotten only C-s and D+s in your high school classes so far. Since this GPA is significantly below a 2.0, it will make things very difficult for you in the college application process.