1. It develops your leadership skills. … That’s why we believe that it’s best for students to develop their leadership skills while they’re still in school. Partaking in student council education provides you with the tools, activities and learning that you need to become a promising leader.
Why do you want to be a student representative?
Becoming a student representative enables students to develop and strengthen leadership skills, connect with various internal and external agencies, assist fellow students with having their voice heard and share experiences and participate in nation-wide events for student leaders.
Why do you want to be on student council answer?
I want to be a part of student council because it’s what I love doing, and what I’m good at. It makes me a better person and allows me skills I would not have otherwise. I want to be a part of council because I feel I bring unique ideas to council and I like being a part of something that can do good for my school.
What is the role of representative in student council?
Each classroom representative is elected by students and the teacher from one class. He/She represents the interests and feelings of the class in Student Council’s decision making. … brings the ideas, interests, and concerns of his/her classmates to the meetings.
How can I be a good student representative?
Make yourself available, and gather the views, concerns and opinions of classmates. Remember that positive comments are useful – it helps the University to recognise good practice. Attend and participate in Staff-Student Liaison Meetings. Attend and participate in other Committee meetings, if appropriate.
How can I be a good representative?
Show a genuine interest in the host country. Learn as much as you can about the country to which you are going, and continue to ask questions once you arrive. Avoid expressing negative opinions or generalizations about the host country. Such statements usually serve only to reveal the ignorance of the speaker.
What are the qualities of a good student?
Qualities of a Good Student
- Self-Discipline. Discipline is a must in a student’s life. …
- Diligent. A student should be determined towards studies or any work allotted to him. …
- Punctual. Time is money so every student must value time. …
- Courteous. …
- Team player. …
- Confident. …
What does student council teach you?
Student council teaches you about yourself and how you interact with people. Not only will you refine your communication and team work skills, you’ll begin to understand how attitude is important. … Become a leader among your student council.
What is the role of SSG representative?
Supervise members in planning and arranging meetings or programs of activities; Head the Internal Affairs Committee and conceptualize programs and projects and plan activities with the Year level Representatives; and, Perform such other duties assigned by the SSG.
What qualities make a good student council member?
Students who are interested in student council must:
- Be flexible and exhibit the potential for leadership.
- Display positive classroom behavior.
- Have a genuine interest in the welfare of others.
- Consistently portray qualities of responsibility, empathy, courage, integrity and perseverance.
What makes a good SRC representative?
Your job is to voice the concerns of the students you represent and try to achieve the things they want. … Being a good representative means always keeping in touch with what students want, and sometimes it means standing up for decisions and negotiating them with students, teachers or the principal.