What do I actually need to bring to college?
- Sheets and pillowcases (2 sets. Check with college for size needed — some college twin beds are extra long.)
- Towels (3 each of bath, hand and face)
- Pillows (2)
- Mattress pad (check with college for size needed)
- Blankets (2)
- Clothes hangers.
- Laundry bag/basket.
What every girl needs for College?
- Mattress topper (memory foam is always a good choice)
- Mattress pad.
- Comforter or duvet with cover.
- Pillow cases (at least two per pillow)
- Sheets (two sets)
- Extra blanket.
- Throw blanket.
What do college students struggle with?
Common Issues for College Students.
- Social anxiety, general anxiety, test anxiety, or panic attacks.
- Family expectations or problems.
- Depression, lack of energy or motivation, hopelessness, being overwhelmed, low self-esteem, homesickness, loneliness.
What should you not bring to college?
20 Things You Should Not Bring To College
- Bulky Luggage. …
- Out-Of-Season Clothes. …
- Pots, Pans, and Dishware Sets. …
- Iron and Ironing Board. …
- Toaster. …
- Blender. …
- Formal Tuxedos & Dresses. …
- Impractical Shoes.
What college students need most?
30 “Must Haves” for Surviving College
- An extra set of sheets. One of the college must haves is an extra set of sheets. …
- A fan…or 4. Very rarely will you have temperature control in your dorm. …
- At least one big microwaveable bowl. …
- Noise-canceling headphones. …
- Cleaning Wipes. …
- A Coffeemaker. …
- A big lamp. …
What should a first year college student know?
25 Tips to Help You Survive and Thrive in Your Freshman Year
- Go to all orientations. …
- Get to know your roommate and others in your residence hall. …
- Get organized. …
- Find the ideal place for you to study. …
- Go to class. …
- Become an expert on course requirements and due dates. …
- Strive for good grades.
What is the biggest problem college students face?
Because very few college students regularly get the eight hours of sleep they need daily, or frequently put together their sleep hours in haphazard fashion, difficulties due to sleep pose one of the biggest challenges in living for many college students.
What is the biggest challenge as a student?
Problems May Include, But are Not Limited to:
- Disorganization/feeling overwhelmed.
- Eating right and staying healthy.
- Failing to manage money.
- Failing to network.
- Not resolving relationship issues.
- Poor grades/not studying or reading enough.
- Poor sleep habits.
What college year is the hardest?
There is no question that the first semester of the freshman year of college is the most critical. Many studies show that freshman year is the time when students most likely drop out of college – if not permanently, then temporarily.