In addition to stellar academic records, admitted students at top medical schools typically have exceptional recommendation letters, compelling extracurricular activities and evidence of a strong commitment to medicine.
What do top tier med schools look for?
Top Tier Medical Schools
They consist of Harvard, Stanford, and Johns Hopkins, to name a few. Competitive scores for these schools include a GPA of 3.8 or higher and an MCAT score of 518 or higher. It’s also crucial that your MCAT score be evenly divided across all four sections, such as a score of 129 on each.
What do you need to get into top medical schools?
To be on the safe side, a 3.9+ GPA and 520+ MCAT score will make you a competitive applicant at all of the top 10 medical schools. In addition to achieving academically, top medical schools want to see that you’ve completed all of the extracurricular activities required by most programs.
What is a top tier MCAT score?
What is a Good MCAT Score?
- The Top Tier: Total MCAT Score 514-528.
- The Next Best Place To Be: 508-513.
- Still in the Race: 500-507.
- Need More Work: 499 or below.
How hard is it to get into a top med school?
Getting into medical school is difficult, period. … At the most prestigious medical schools, the odds are even more daunting. The vast majority of top-tier medical schools have acceptance rates under five percent, and the average GPA and MCAT score of accepted students tends to be high (around 3.8 and 518, respectively).
What is the easiest medical school to get into?
Easiest Medical Schools to Get Into
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. …
- University of Massachusetts Medical School. …
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine. …
- University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine. …
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport.
Can I still get into med school with a bad first year?
It is most common for college students in their first and second years to consider dropping premed after one or two bad semesters. That is when their GPA looks the worst. If you get a 3.0 during your first semester, that number is your overall GPA. … [Understand the reasons why students leave medical school.]
Can medical schools see where you’ve been accepted?
Medical schools can see an applicant’s selection (Plan or Commit) including if they selected another medical school or if no decision has been selected. Medical schools can also see if an applicant has been reported as matriculated by another medical school.
Which medical school has highest acceptance rate?
Medical Schools with Highest Acceptance Rates
- Medical University of the Americas. …
- Saba Medical School. …
- University of Mississippi School of Medicine. …
- Central Michigan University College of Medicine. …
- Mercer University School of Medicine. …
- University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center.