Ranking 1st for violent crimes and 7th for property crime at 7.4%, College Park can be a very dangerous place.
Is College Park a good neighborhood?
It’s a nice community with typical problems that come with living in a high poverty area. There is some crime in the area, but there are a lot of opportunities when it comes to being a young person in the community. I feel that College Park have good schools.
What states have the highest crime rate?
States with the Highest Crime Rates
- Nevada (9.1 per 100,000 people)
- Maryland (9 per 100,000 people)
- Arkansas (8.6 per 100,000 people)
- Alaska (8.4 per 100,000 people)
- Alabama (8.3 per 100,000 people)
- Mississippi (8.2 per 100,000 people)
- Illinois (7.8 per 100,000 people)
- South Carolina (7.8 per 100,000 people)
Who has the highest crime rate in the US?
The most dangerous city in the United States is Detroit, Michigan. Detroit has a violent crime rate of 2,007.8 incidents per 100,000 people with a total of 261 homicides in 2018.
Is UMBC a safe campus?
While UMBC is generally a safe campus, we are not a sanctuary from crime or accidents. Residential Life staff works with the UMBC Police and other campus offices to reduce risks to your personal safety and security.
Is Buckhead safe?
Buckhead is in the 58th percentile for safety, meaning 42% of cities are safer and 58% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Buckhead’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Buckhead is 23.62 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What city is closest to College Park GA?
Cities 30 miles from College Park, GA
- 29 miles: Marietta, GA.
- 27 miles: Sandy Springs, GA.
- 26 miles: Douglasville, GA.
- 26 miles: Hampton, GA.
- 25 miles: Chamblee, GA.
- 22 miles: Lithia Springs, GA.
- 21 miles: Austell, GA.
- 21 miles: Smyrna, GA.
Where is the best place to live in Atlanta?
20 Best Atlanta Neighborhoods in 2021
- Buckhead. At an average 1-bedroom rent price of, $1,866 per month, Buckhead is one of the best neighborhoods in Atlanta, is known for its upscale vibe, retail epicenter, and delicious dining. …
- Peachtree Heights. …
- Midtown. …
- Piedmont Park. …
- Old Fourth Ward. …
- Beltline. …
- Inman Park. …
Is Decatur Ga safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Decatur is 1 in 43. Based on FBI crime data, Decatur is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Georgia, Decatur has a crime rate that is higher than 63% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.